Heat molding speedskates
Many speeedkskates offer the possibility to heat mold the boot. This is only recommended if the shoe causing pressure points or the fit has to be adjusted. If the shoe fits straight out of the box, an adjustment is not necessary.
We recommend to work in a sitting position and not fully loading the boot!
- To mold your boots, remove the wheels
- Pre heat the oven to about 100°C (max. 120°C)
- Place the boot in the oven for 10-12 minutes. Higher temperatures will void your warranty and may damage your boot.
- After about 10 minutes, check to see if the boots are ready. Squeeze the back of the boot gently to make sure that the resin has gone soft.
- Caution: Do not place your feet in the hot boots or you may burn your feet.
- Let them cool a little and test the boot temperature with your hand before placing your feet in them.
- Tighten the straps/laces/buckles and allow to cool in the skating position.
- Allow 5-10 minutes for the boot to cool on your foot and the molding will be complete.
Tipp: If you have any particular area that is causing you discomfort, you can use the round end af a blunt object to push that area out while the boot is still warm
This process can be repeated as required.
You can also heatmold your boots with a heat dryer/heatgun. Molding with the heatgun is preferred when you have small pressure points in your boot, like only on the inside or outside ankle, or at the navicular bone. Make sure that you always keep a distance of about 20cm between the heatgun and the boot. If you keep the gun too close to the boot you can easily burn the stitches or the leather. We advise to move the gun slightly on and around the spot that you want to mold. As soon as the spot becomes soft, you may mold the shell with your hands (wearing gloves), a pair of shoe repair pliers or the round end af a blunt object.
This process can also be repeated as required.
Please check the instructions and material specifications of your boots. Temperature and duration may vary.
Heat moulding a Powerslide MyFit liner with a hair dryer